“You matter because you are you. You matter to the last moment of your life, and we will do all we can, not only to help you die peacefully, but to live until you die.”
-Dame Cicely Mary Saunders
Founder of the modern day hospice movement.
|Registered Nurse - Admissions/Visits (Hospice)||Palm Springs, California||Full-Time|
Description: The Admissions/Visits Back-Up Nurse is a registered nurse and a Team member whose primary responsibility is to present Family Hospice Care services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that result in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Evaluates patients for hospice appropriateness using medical records review and consultation with DPCS and Medical
- Provides direct patient care and telephonic triage, as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Explain benefits of hospice program and obtain signature of informed consent.
- Admit patients, develop plan of care and complete and submit relevant paperwork in accordance with FHC policies.
- Obtain data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate into plan of care.
- Orders DME, Medications and supplies as needed.
- Attend interdisciplinary team meetings when available.
- Build referral source relationships to support the growth of FHC.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Assist with the continuity of care and discharge planning from facilities.
- Following admission, ensure smooth transition of new patients to case manager assigned.
- Provides skilled nursing as determined by IDG plan of care.
- Follow case manager instructions within scope of practice.
- Report changes in patient needs and status as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements: - Current California RN license.
- Two to three years hospice or home health nursing experience.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations relating to hospice participation.
- Able to multi-task effectively and work as a team.
- Works well independently.
- BLS required within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent observation, diagnostic, medication management and clinical documentation skills.
- Travel required.
- Current California driver's license and proof of insurance.
|Certified Home Health Aide (Per Diem)||Palm Springs, California||Per Diem|
Description: Provides personal care and service to terminally ill patients and augment the care provided by family members. Functions under the supervision of the Case Manager and/or Team Manager.
-Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
-Assists patients with bath, mouth care, skin, hair and all aspects of personal hygiene.
-Assists patients with transferring and ambulation as needed.
-Assists with prescribed exercises which patients and CHHA have been educated in by appropriate health professionals.
-Prepares meals and assists patients with eating as required.
-Assists patients in toileting including use of bedpans, urinal and commodes.
-Prepares household services that will facilitate the patient's self-care at home and are necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization.
-Reports changes in patient condition and needs to the case manager or Team Manager.
-Clean patient's environment which includes emptying of trash and washing dishes.
-Changing, washing and drying of patient's linens.
-Other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
Requirements: - Completion of CHHA program.
- 1-2 years direct patient care experience.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- BLS required.Current California driver's license and proof of automobile insurance.